Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Looking for living material of Aspargales and Iridaceae

I would like to know if anybody knows where to find these species : *
Aspidistra sp (Convallariaceae)
You can probably find it at any large houseplant company if you spell it

correctly.

Cybdelis schreef
According my sources (Rudall & Campbell, Flora (1999) 194, 201-214), this

is the correct spelling. I do not care the species level.
Houseplant usually don't propose such species. They only sell common
commercial ones.

+ + +
I would say Iris is right; it is Aspidistra not Aspidistria
+ + +

Iris reticulata and Iris danfordiae are commonly sold by bulb companies.

Do you have a mail adress from this company ? Do they have a web page ? Do

they send outside USA and can they take care of phytosanitary certificates ?

+ + +
Using a search engine sounds like a good idea. Lots of suppliers of plants
on the internet
+ + +

You will probably have to look harder for the others.
Iris,

That's why I am asking on this newsgroup. It would be possible for

Asparagales-specialized botanical gardens or private collectors.
Cordially,

+ + +
Then maybe you should try there?
PvR