Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Cybdelis

Default Looking for living material of Aspargales and Iridaceae

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody knows where to find these species :
* Apidistria sp (Convallariaceae)
* Cucurligo sp (Hypoxidaceae)

and the following Iridaceae :
* Cipura campanulata
* C. paludosa
* C. xanthomelas
* Micranthus sp
* Zygotritonia sp
* Iris unguicularis
* I. reticulata
* I. histrio
* I. pamphylica
* I. danfordiae

Does any Botanical Garden or Collecting people do have these plants ?
Please contact me...
Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Iris Cohen

I would like to know if anybody knows where to find these species :
* Aspidistra sp (Convallariaceae)
You can probably find it at any large houseplant company if you spell it
correctly.

* I. reticulata
* I. histrio
* I. pamphylica
* I. danfordiae
Iris reticulata and Iris danfordiae are commonly sold by bulb companies. You
will probably have to look harder for the others.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much
that ain't so."
Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885
Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Cybdelis

I would like to know if anybody knows where to find these species :
* Aspidistra sp (Convallariaceae)
You can probably find it at any large houseplant company if you spell it
correctly.

According my sources (Rudall & Campbell, Flora (1999) 194, 201-214),
this is the correct spelling. I do not care the species level.
Houseplant usually don't propose such species. They only sell common
commercial ones.

Iris reticulata and Iris danfordiae are commonly sold by bulb companies. You
will probably have to look harder for the others.

That's why I am asking on this newsgroup. It would be possible for
Asparagales-specialized botanical gardens or private collectors.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40

Do you have a mail adress from this company ? Do they have a web page
? Do they send outside USA and have they the abilitation to make
phytosanitary certificates ?

Cordially,
Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

I would like to know if anybody knows where to find these species : *
Aspidistra sp (Convallariaceae)
You can probably find it at any large houseplant company if you spell it

correctly.

Cybdelis schreef
According my sources (Rudall & Campbell, Flora (1999) 194, 201-214), this

is the correct spelling. I do not care the species level.
Houseplant usually don't propose such species. They only sell common
commercial ones.

+ + +
I would say Iris is right; it is Aspidistra not Aspidistria
+ + +

Iris reticulata and Iris danfordiae are commonly sold by bulb companies.

Do you have a mail adress from this company ? Do they have a web page ? Do

they send outside USA and can they take care of phytosanitary certificates ?

+ + +
Using a search engine sounds like a good idea. Lots of suppliers of plants
on the internet
+ + +

You will probably have to look harder for the others.
Iris,

That's why I am asking on this newsgroup. It would be possible for

Asparagales-specialized botanical gardens or private collectors.
Cordially,

+ + +
Then maybe you should try there?
PvR