Old 17-04-2021, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wild Rasberries

On 17/04/2021 18:11, TimW wrote:
I am wanting to have som semi-wild crops around the perimiter of a
little orchard. It's just for home use. Somewhere in the recess of my
brain I have an idea that you can propagate wild rasberries by cutting
them from where you find them and sticking them in the ground elsewhere?
or do you need to take the roots as well?

Tim w

Normally you grab the suckers and separate them and they go just fine.
Consider also tayberries and 'large' blackberry cultivars.
All are just 'a wipe with a hedgetrimmer in autumn' and then they come
back the next year.

--
There’s a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)