Old 17-04-2021, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Wild Rasberries

On 2021-04-17, TimW wrote:
I am wanting to have som semi-wild crops around the perimiter of a
little orchard. It's just for home use. Somewhere in the recess of my
brain I have an idea that you can propagate wild rasberries by cutting
them from where you find them and sticking them in the ground elsewhere?
or do you need to take the roots as well?

I've never succeeded from cuttings. They propogate naturally by root
runners, and of course seed :-)

Most modern varieties are not brilliant taste wise. Whereas some wild
ones have an amazing taste. So if you find a really good wild raspberry,
you need a stem with root.

However you really should get the landowner's permission before digging
up and of their wild plants ;-)