Old 29-04-2021, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default ping songbird: how may pepper seeds?

On 4/24/21 4:47 AM, songbird wrote:
one problem i can have with some planted things in pots here
are raccoons seeking food or smelling fertilizers and thinking
they're food. some potting mixes have long-release fertilizers
included and often that is made with fish emulsions or other
stuff that smells too much like food to a raccoon.

Every so often I see something about sticking some
fish (Asian carp?) at the bottom of your hole and
"see what happens". I can't help but think "Oh, I see something dug up
all my plants with fish under it!"

:'(

The fertilizer I use, if chicken scat based.