Old 02-05-2021, 02:42 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Paul Paul is offline

Default Thinking abut a cordless hedgetrimmer

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 01/05/2021 17:54, williamwright wrote:
On 30/04/2021 14:54, newshound wrote:
Have you actually tried a modern battery chainsaw, then?

Yes. A bag of shite when you're used to a good quality petrol machine.

Bill

well yes.
My shoulders are aching from this afternoons efforts to chop up a 10
metre tall tree that fell over last year.
The thickest part of the trunk - that I have yet to tackle - is about 2'
diameter.

My little chainsaw - petrol - is having trouble with the 8" diameter
sections. I guess its around 1500W equivalent.

Don't give up.

There are differences between the original chain, and
some third party replacements. I found my saw worked better
with the second chain on it. I would never have guessed
there would be a difference, as visually "a chain is a chain",
right ?

Paul