Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Clive N Savill

Default FSC logo, and others, increasing demand for wood and damage to rainforests..

I have checked the Forest Stewardship Councils website, and at no
point do they suggest people should try to buy less wood. I'm sure
they may have successfully persuaded some in the business to adopt
better practices, but if people who are concerned aout rainforests etc
are buying wood and wood based products left right and centre, as and
when it has one of these sort of logos on, they must be doing more
harm than good. Is anyone telling people its better to not buy wood,
but if you have to...?
I have more about this at the end of my website
GROWYOUROWNHOUSE.ANGELCITIES.COM