Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Cereoid+10

Default What is it?

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That's right, Ringo.

It's a beetle of some sort but it's definitely off topic for this group.

Now go back to ruining Azteks!

Posted and emailed

From: "Jacek"

I founded it in my home. What is it? Answer me Latin name or English name

of
it?

http://republika.pl/ryanairva/insect.JPG

It looks like a borer of some sort.

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/ho...mapleborer.htm

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05530.html

This may help you locate your particluar borer, I tried doing a google

image
search for Cerambycidae, and found a lot of images, including a

Chlorophorus
varius which looks a lot like your particular critter. It is even from a
country closer to your own than the two pages referenced above.

Here is an excellent page of long horned borers that comes out of

Europe...
http://www.uochb.cas.cz/~natur/cerambyx/ceram.htm

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page; http://members.aol.com/grommit383/myhomepage
Last updated 08-04-02 with 15 pictures of the Aztec Ruins.