Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Jacek

Default What is it?

I founded it in my home. What is it? Answer me Latin name or English name of
it?

http://republika.pl/ryanairva/insect.JPG

Thx

Jacek

Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Cereoid+10

It is definitely an insect and not a plant of any kind.

The study of insects is entomology not botany.

Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Sean Houtman

Posted and emailed

From: "Jacek"

I founded it in my home. What is it? Answer me Latin name or English name of
it?

http://republika.pl/ryanairva/insect.JPG

It looks like a borer of some sort.

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/ho...mapleborer.htm

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05530.html

This may help you locate your particluar borer, I tried doing a google image
search for Cerambycidae, and found a lot of images, including a Chlorophorus
varius which looks a lot like your particular critter. It is even from a
country closer to your own than the two pages referenced above.

Here is an excellent page of long horned borers that comes out of Europe...
http://www.uochb.cas.cz/~natur/cerambyx/ceram.htm

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page; http://members.aol.com/grommit383/myhomepage
Last updated 08-04-02 with 15 pictures of the Aztec Ruins.
Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Cereoid+10

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That's right, Ringo.

It's a beetle of some sort but it's definitely off topic for this group.

Now go back to ruining Azteks!

Posted and emailed

Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Sean Houtman

From: "Cereoid+10"

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That's right, Ringo.

It's a beetle of some sort but it's definitely off topic for this group.

Borers do have a tendency to eat plants, and thus would tend to be of at least
some interest to botanists.

Sean

Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Cereoid+10

Yeah Hooter, you are certainly becoming the borer here.

Since nobody here has identified the beast, your theory appears to have a
bug in it!!!

How many Azteks have you ruined today?

Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Cereoid+10

That's Mammillaria, you blooming Coleocephalocereus.

Take your Maihueniopsis Wittia and Cochemiea Aylostera!

No wonder the Azteks have given up, you went and ruined it for everybody.

May the Austrocylindropuntia be with you!

From: "Cereoid+10"

Yeah Hooter, you are certainly becoming the borer here.

Since nobody here has identified the beast, your theory appears to have a
bug in it!!!

How many Azteks have you ruined today?

I'm not sure I should take you Cereusly on this. You seem to be

deliberately
trying to be a thorn in the side of Biologists everywhere. I would Opuntia

out
of here, but I am afraid you will just run to your Mammilaria.

Perhaps you should read the site, and find out how long it has been since

the
Aztecs have had anything done to them.

Sean

Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Cereoid+10

Thanks Iris for 'splainin' it to Babaloo!

I didn't think he'd ever catch on.

http://www.edmunds.com/news/column/m...0/article.html

Please don't encourage him to back his Aztek into a tree.

Iris Cohen wrote in message
How many Azteks have you ruined today?
Perhaps you should read the site, and find out how long it has been

since
the
Aztecs have had anything done to them.

I think he was referring to the car. Now back into the trees. Anybody know
where I can get an Aleppo pine?

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so

much
that ain't so."
Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885