Old 26-04-2003, 03:32 PM

Default pump recommendation to remove dirt...

you better specify that you want gravel to go thru the pump, cause most of our pumps
or even sewage pumps will not let gravel go thru the pumping chamber. pine needles
even jam sewage pumps.
this is one of the inherent problems with having gravel on the bottom for "natural
looks" ..
in aquariums we use a siphon, the wet dry vacs also work ... so maybe somebody has a
page showing how to make this work. hope your pond isnt too deep.
Ingrid

"Chi Tran" wrote:
Any recommendation on the type and size of pump needed to "suck/vacuum" the
dirt outfrom the bottom of the pond?

--- Note that my pond has small gravels on the bottom for natural looks.