Old 26-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Gregory Young

Default wasp at my pond

They are attracted to the water, which they need, especially on dry days.
You could setup a shallow dish (birdbath, etc), as far away from your water
garden as possible. Once they find a location, they tend to go back to it.
You could attract them to the distant dish, but surrounding it with nectar
containing plants that normally draw them
What ever you do, do not use spray insecticides around your pond! (they are
toxic to fish, frogs, etc... not to plants)
Happy ponding,
Greg

"BODKAZOO" wrote in message
On some days last year I had dozens of wasp at my pond. I have not found

any
nest in my yard. The sight of wasps would scare people going up to the

pond.

Any way to better conrol them this year?