Old 26-04-2003, 07:32 PM
M. Tiefert

Default Gallipoli: pink flowering succulent

In article , John Savage wrote:
There were some beds of a low spreading
succulent with deep-pink flowers quite like a glossy purple daisy bloom.
This may have been a native, it was difficult to judge. Anyway, my Mum has
this same plant growing in her garden and doesn't have a name to fit to it.
Did anyone see the SBS program and recognise the plant? It has stems or
'leaves' about as thick as a woman's little finger.

I didn't see the program, but it sounds like some sort of "ice plant" -
which used to be all Mesembryanthemums, but that has been divided into
at least 10 new genera. Hope that helps!

cheers,

Marj

* * *
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/