Old 27-04-2003, 04:20 AM
roger

Default Spring feeding

Time for yet another question.

My pond water temp is currently at 46*.
I know I shouldn't feed my koi yet, so I don't plan to till it gets up to at
least 50* or 60*
Having said that, they are showing much interest in eating. In fact I see
them
grazing off of the algae along the liner, and they are swimming in search of
food when
I approach the pond, they all rush to the surface in the usual feeding spot.

Why are they showing such a desire to eat, to the point where they are
gulping anyghing
that hits the waters surface?

- What is the recommended turnover rate for the filter again?
Surface area is 12.5' x 17'

Thanks for the help, this is a great N.G. always full of good advice.

Roger
Ottawa, On. Ca.
6500+ gallon pond.