Old 27-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Julie

Default Yellow Jackets

Judy and Dave G wrote:

As a beekeeper, we use soapy water to kill 'bee-wanna-bes'. When we get a
call about bees bothering someone, or whatever, if it is a ground type bee,
we advise pouring soapy water into the hole/nest after dark. After dark
because all the bees/wasps/hornets/jackets will have returned from whatever
they were doing during the daylight.

I don't think soapy water will destroy, or even harm, the compost. You
might want to try it before you give up on your great fertilizer!

Wow, Judy, Thanks! That's terrific advice.

I have four composters, so it wouldn't kill me to not use this
pile. But..this is the "aged" one, and it looked so dark, so
crumbly, so appetizing.

I'll try it and post the results.

--
Julie