Old 27-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Nancy

Default Nat'l Wildlife Federation Programs

Hi Lee!

hey, would this work to get my dimwit neighbors in trouble for
repeatedly pulling out a beaver dam on my property? short version of
story is they bought swampy land from previous owner, imported fill &
built a house with a basement. previous owner kept beavers from damming
a creek that backfills the swampy area. i don't. i *want* the beavers
there. however, when the swamp fills, idiot neighbor's basement floods
(duh!). so, would wildlife habitat certification give me more legal
standing to save my swamp? lee

I am not educated in the law; I suggest that you look up stuff about
'riparian rights' for your state. In Ohio we have some rules about
properly disposing of water on one's site. In either case, you would
need a qualified (not from just any lawyer) legal opinion.

Of course, you could always call the cops when they trespass. :/

Nancy
Zone 5 or 6, who knows?
On the North Coast