Old 27-04-2003, 03:32 PM
William Tasso

Default Identifying Verbena bonariensis seedlings?

Ruth wrote:
Hello there

I am wondering whether anyone might have a piccie of what a verbena
bonariensis seedling looks like? I planted some mature verbena plants
last year and this year, there seem to be clumps of seedlings fairly
close to some of the plants. However, there are a few clumps of
similar looking seedlings close to one or two other things so I am
trying to work out if some of the plants have self-seeded or not or
whether I just need to be doing a bit more weeding! Some of the
seedlings are growing second leaves now and although these leaves
seem to look 'serrated', they are roundish rather than long as on the
mature plants..... Can anyone help?

sorry, no pic, but http://www.orst.edu/dept/ldplants/verbena-b.htm has this
to say "self seeds readily / may be invasive"

In any event, have fun.
--
William Tasso