Old 27-04-2003, 06:44 PM
dave weil

Default Some pics of *my* "messy gardens"

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:13:25 GMT, (Shiva) wrote:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:15:01 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

I've considered Mutabilis and will probably end up with it at some
day.

It is the first five-petaled rose I truly love. Tiny orange buds that
open and fade to peach, then yellow, then turn a clear medium pink at
the end. It is a pre-1894, "breeder unknown" (if I recall correctly)
China rose. It has a lovely mounded shape. It is fragrant! If you go
look at the Helpmefind entry, Clara has some great photos there.

So, what is getting between S and the sun?

The house g.

Oh, only that?

It gets full sun until about 12, but then the sun rises
over the house. The porch faces due east. Felicia's almost on the same
plane but it's not shaded by a porch. It's out in the open and as
such, gets another hour and a half of sun.

You said the "F" word again. You know, maybe I will have to get this
one. If you promise it is worth it. A once-bloomer, correct?

No, it's *not* a once-bloomer. You'll have lots of blooms in September
as well. It only blooms sproatically in the heat of summer. I'll put
up a photo at pbase of the blooms in September. In fact, it's
uploading as I send this.

Be prepared - it's a pretty vigorous grower.

AND pink? But very fragrant, right? Hmmm.

Yes, they counterbalance each other...

By the way--I am going to get some film and take some photos with my
regular camera--one of those weird little cigarette-pack-sized things with
the auto everything. We will see how it does.

Cool!

I forgot to buy the film. I am hopeless.

You mean it didn't come preloaded with film?