Old 27-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Scopata Fuori

Default 7b: Bud report 4/26

One bloom so far...on an unidenitfied J&P miniature...pink salmon color.

Almost every miniature (about 30 of them) has buds, small to medium.

Jeanne LaJoie, a climbing miniature (does a rose with four feet of climbing
canes count as a mini anymore?) lots of small buds...

Red Cascade, another climbing miniature, lots of small buds...

Iceberg tree rose, several small buds...

An unidentified red floribunda that was here when I bought the house,
several buds.

And Sea Pearl, a hybrid tea, has buds showing. It was actually the very
first of the lot of them to develop a bud at all, as it was last year, as
well. It is unquestionably my earliest-blooming full size rose.

I just sprayed the fruit trees today with Serenade Solutions, a biofungicide
to combat the brown rot that destroys every peach. I left a little in the
sprayer, and made up a fresh mix of Monty's Joy Juice (new to me, never used
it before), a spoonful of phosphorus, a large capful of Miracle Gro Quick
Start with B1, and a dash of Mancozeb (which is liquid Manzate) to
discourage any blackspot spores that might decide to alight upon the newly
sprayed, wet leaves.

I hope to get the Milky Spore into the ground tomorrow.

Next week, Banner Maxx. I sprung for a pint, not cheap! But if it works,
it's worth it.

I bought a battery powered sprayer this season. The 2.5 gallon pump sprayers
just weren't doing it anymore. This is the Rocket sprayer, paid $119, got it
at Sam's Club. It made spraying go MUCH quicker. My only complaints are the
lack of volume indications on the tank itself, and an on/off switch in a
very inconvenient spot. It has a recharger, and it says it will last for
spraying 13 tanks before a recharge.

I think it's five gallons. It took two tanks to spray everybody.

Scopata Fuori