Old 27-04-2003, 09:34 PM
William Tasso

Default London based close pattern gardern trellises?

Jim wrote:
"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

You could make your own! 19*38mm tile batten is around 20p/m at most
timber yards and comes in lenths up to 5m.

A big advantage of building in situ is that (if you have woodwn
posts) you can ignore the posts and put in long uninterrupted runs
of trellis - much better visual effect than panels, plus you have
complet flexibility on mesh size.

pk

Paul -

I'm not very diy friendly, but I could give this a try.

Have you done this yourself? Do you have any tips/hints? I assume you
mean nailing thru every cross junction.

Just read this through, and it makes me sound quite stupid! but if
anyone has any hints to help me make it look nice and professional I'd
appreciate it.

Select a piece of timber of the desired width to use as a spacer to ensure
you get straight lines when you're nailing.

--
William Tasso