Old 27-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Neil Jones

Default Identifying Verbena bonariensis seedlings?

Ruth wrote in message .. .
Hello there

I am wondering whether anyone might have a piccie of what a verbena
bonariensis seedling looks like? I planted some mature verbena plants
last year and this year, there seem to be clumps of seedlings fairly
close to some of the plants. However, there are a few clumps of similar
looking seedlings close to one or two other things so I am trying to
work out if some of the plants have self-seeded or not or whether I just
need to be doing a bit more weeding! Some of the seedlings are growing
second leaves now and although these leaves seem to look 'serrated',
they are roundish rather than long as on the mature plants..... Can
anyone help?

All the best

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

I have some seedlings and a digital camera.So here you are! These are
sown indoors in coir fibre. So you can be certain it isn't something
else.
http://www.butterflyguy.com/bonariensis.jpg
--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn