Old 27-04-2003, 10:20 PM
randi sharp

Default [IBC] Phoenix Graft Question

Marty, The reason I was asking is that I have a great Chinese Elm carcass and after I applied the lime sulphur, for ht emost part, it seemed to partially wash off after its first rain. I had planned to teat it withthe lime sulphur several times, but it see
ms that it's very difficult for the sulphur to be absorbed into the wood. The grain is very tight and thet may be the problem. Just wondering if buttonwood & juniper wood was more 'open' than the Elm.

MartyWeiser wrote:Generally the keys for selecting a base stock for a
phoenix graft are an interesting structure and fairly hard wood that will last a long time.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++