Old 27-04-2003, 10:32 PM
animaux

Default lavender trumpet vine often abused for illegal recreational activities????

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:35:23 -0400, DigitalVinyl wrote:

I think animaux was probably being sarcastic...since choosing to grow
only non-poisonous plants eliminates some of the most common plants
people WANT to grow. Until i read a gardening book i had no idea so
many common plants have poison dangers.

Although the Datura may have a reputation for hallucingenics while no
drug addicts are stealing leaves off your tomato plants to get their
fix.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Ann knows I was being sarcastic. However, it is the seeds of the datura plant
which are eaten for hallucinogenic effect, not the plant foliage. That said,
children should be taught to NEVER put anything in their mouth without asking
first. If the child is too young to grasp that concept, it's too young to be
alone for more than two seconds.