Old 27-04-2003, 10:44 PM

Default Skunk Problems

Few years back I was in my little shack in the woods. My two dogs
were out exploring. Then I heard the dogs making a heck of a racket.
One was barking, the other was shrieking.

Looked out the door and there was a skunk chasing the dogs. Believe
it or not.

Both dogs smelled lovely, but I got them in the shack, waited until
the skunk was a safe distance away and I took off for the house.
I collected my husband who collected a pistol and we went back to the
woods.

My husband asked. "O.K. Where is this so-called rabied skunk? " We
looked around and this time it was after us! It lived about five
seconds.

I gave my dogs a bath hoping to improve the body odor and then called
the vet to ask about boosters for the dogs. He told me not to dare
touch those dogs for 24 hours. Too late.

So I had to get rabies shots myself.