Old 27-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Phoenix Graft Question

In a message dated 4/27/2003 10:09:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I understand that the 'base' of a Phoenix Graft is 'typically' buttonwood
juniper

I am not sure what a "buttonwood Juniper" is. I know what a Florida
Buttonwood is and there are many species of Juniper I think the base of a
Phoenix Graft must a hard, rot resistant wood. If a softer wood were used it
would rot away leaving the graft to stand on its own, although I know of one
planting being done with just that in mind.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++