Old 28-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Jim Wunderlich

Default 50/50 + 10,000k question

I have a 40 gallon african setup with one 20 watt 50/50 bulb + one 20
watt 10,000k bulb (both Coralife). I used to have two 20 watt GE
daylight bulbs which cast an ugly "yellow" light. I run the lights 10-12
hours per day.

My plants are Anubias Barteri, Anubias Nana, Java Fern and Crinum
Thaianum, so I am meeting the low light requirements for those plants.

The problem is that the plants used to have a better growth rate (new
leaves often) with the old GE's. I thought that the intensity of the new
lamps would stimulate more growth. Also, there is a pretty thick coat of
green algae forming on ALL of the leaves...they look like crap.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated!

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply.