Old 28-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Jim Wunderlich

Default 50/50 + 10,000k question

In article ,
tose (LeighMo) wrote:

The problem is that the plants used to have a better growth rate (new
leaves often) with the old GE's

Interesting. A lot of people believe that actinic light causes algae. Your
experience would suggest that it's true.

However, you say the light is more intense. How so? Have you added more
light, or a better reflector?

And how long was your tank running with the old GE bulbs? Do you use any
fertilizer?

Leigh

When I bought the new bulbs I started by using the same hours,
approximately 12 per day, and I had an outbreak of green algae. I was
told in cichlid-forum (by other users with the same bulbs) to cut back
because the new bulbs were much more efficient. Then I was also told to
slowly add time back, and now I'm pretty much back at square one...lots
of green algae on the leaves/stems with hardly any growth.

I have read much here about c02 but i'm afraid of the effects it will
have on ph in my setup (africans with 8.2 ph).

Any other thoughts on different bulbs, etc? Thanks, Leigh!

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply.