Old 28-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Paul England

Default Goodbye cherry tree, hello Clematis

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article , "Tumbleweed"

writes:
| The 15ft tall cherry tree I pruned a few years ago (and probably

started its
| decline) has been getting weaker and weaker, and this spring it has

only
| about 4 or 5 twigs with blossom on (its about 15ft across and about

15ft
| high), so I went out and bought a montana that hopefully will cover it.

Good
| idea? Is one enough?

Masses. But, as I warned about a conifer earlier, a dead tree of
that size is likely to rot and fall down within a fairly few years.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Shivver me timbers ! Yes I agree, the montana is v prolific. I planted one
last spring to cover a shed, it's now in flower and some of the branches
increased by 7 feet.
Pity the flowers don't last very long.

Paul