Old 28-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Leroy

Default Accoustic landscaping for neighbor noise

I would tape record the dogs bark and play it back over an amplifier so the
dog will hear it and the ding bat will bark back and possibly go hoarse.
While you are playing the amplified version your neighbor wil hear it too
and maybe get the picture to train the dog.

"bentcajungirl" wrote in message
. ..

I am going to be landscaping soon. My situation is that diagonally behind
my property, two lots away is a really obnoxious LOUD constantly barking
dog. Yeah, I have spoken with the owners, resorted to making complaints
with the police and am considering taking them to city court.
I will be installing a privacy fence. Any type of fence better for noise
than another? Metal, wood, etc. Code says I can go 8 feet high. Will 8
feet vs 6 ft give me more sound barrier. What kind of plants can I plant
that will cushion sound? I am in extreme South Louisiana, so anything
tropical will grow here. In the scheme of the layout, the noisy
neighbors/dog is southwest of me and down here, the prevailing wind is
almost always from the SW.
I am thinking of installing a fountain....for the charm of it, the birds
like it...plus it makes for good white noise. I have been to a garden
fountain center and listened to the different tones of water
splashing....drips, sprays, wooshing noises. Big drops falling, etc. I
don't want the water noise to be so much that I have to shout over it, but

think the white noise will be helpful.
Any suggestions?
I love to be outside. The obnoxious barking is constant. Day and night.

don't hear it INSIDE my house, because I insulated with blown cellulose to
block traffic noise on the front of my property.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Perry
bentcajungirl