Old 28-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Cereoid-XXXXX

Default Bromeliads - Pineapples

There are quite a few xerophytic succulent bromeliads, especially in the
genera Hechtia, Dyckia, Deuterocohnia (including Abromeitiella), etc.

If there is any actual documentation proving that Ananas comosus is of
hybrid origin, I would like to see it. However, that does not appear to be
the case at all. Rinkytink is just being his usual evasive obnoxious self. I
have seen much of the bromeliad literature and no such article or book
exists. I gave him a chance to redeem himself by asking to cite his actual
references but he isn't up to the challenge, as usual. One is forced to
conclude his wild claim is fantasy.

From: "P van Rijckevorsel"

Cereoid-XXXXX schreef
You neither give the name of the book (if it even exists)

+ + +
If you are in such a need of a book, maybe you should buy one every so
often. It can be very educational.
+ + +

Now, Cereoid is a cactus freak, and since pineapples are spiny, they must

be
cacti, so he knows more than you do!

Sean