Old 29-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Scopata Fuori

Default 7b: Bud report 4/26

How do you prune? Hard or lightly? I prune lightly unless there is a
GOOD reason to prune hard--like canker, for example.

I prune as lightly as possible. I don't believe in cutting down to a few
good canes. If it's strong enough to hold its own, that's one more I have,
in case another gets "sick" and has to be removed. The climbers, I only
trimmed to about an inch past whatever winter dieback they had, and it
wasn't much. Just a few odd sprigs.

Roses don't grow in Jamaica, or Jamaicans don't grow roses?

There is a resort called Rose Hall Manor, and I assume they have roses
there, but I never saw any rosebushes at the resorts I went to, nor any
growing in anyone's yard. Perhaps it's too hot and humid.

--
Scopata Fuori