Old 29-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Ed G. Bowlin

Default some advice about Earthworms

I got a pick up load of shavings n horse manure form the local stables,,,
after growing season, 4 mos later, I pitch fork turned it over, worms out
the gazook!,,, not a clue how they got there,,,but they are n I'm a happy
veggie gardener !
my 2c ed,,, siting in front of a puter, located in Sac, Ca,,, :-)

"theakson" wrote in message
news
Now I have my raised beds I want to populate them with earthworms. It
seems
that, for Chicago, we should use Eisena Fetida ( aka red worm / red
wiggler). I have read that a 1 sq ft area of soil can support 25 worms.

First is the above correct.

second where can I buy earthworms in Chicago.

Thanks

Mk