Old 29-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Charles

Default Fuschia - Will Mine Bloom This Year?

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 02:11:06 GMT, "Bob H" wrote:

I kept my fuschia (var. Marinka) from last summer growing potted, lightly watered and fertilized, in front of a south facing window all winter here in Minnesota. It was growing good and early February I gave it a shearing back by cutting all the branches

back by 1/2. It never produced any flowers all winter but the leaves are wonderful dark green and well formed and there are lots of tiny branches continuing to sprout all over it.

So ... now it's warming up outside, all the cut back growth has gone crazy and I have a very large, full, green great looking plant. I've put it back outside where it was last year. Since it had no formal "winter rest", will I get anything other than le

aves this year?

Thanks for any response.

Bob

My guess is yes. They are impossible to stop from blooming when the
time comes. I live where it's warm, they don't get much of a rest,
and they are blooming now.

_

- Charles
-