Old 29-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Stephen Younge

Default any secret tips on cilantro/basil in Colorado

Hey folks:

I'm going to grow herbs for the first time this year; I have focused on
veggies until now. I'm planning to do cilantro, regular basil, and
potentially hot peppers (jalapenos or habernos). I live in the foothills of
Boulder, Colorado. The soil here is crap (50% rock) so I've dug some pits
that I'll fill with soil (plus other goodies like manure, etc.) that I have
bought at the store. I am thinking of putting seeds in the ground in a few
weeks.

Any secret tips on growing these things?

Here's to a great season!

cheers,
Stephen