Old 29-04-2003, 08:44 AM
TheScullster

Default Rejuvenate Soil After Cyprus Firs

In answer to a previous post, I was told that Lawson Cyprus firs strip all
nourishment from soil and turn it acid.
What is the recommended treatment to return this waste land into a suitable
border for hedge planting?
Is there an alternative to well rotted manure? I have asked around and am
struggling to find a source (only fresh stuff available).
Should I be adding something to counteract the acidity?
We want to plant the border soon after removal of the firs so leaving the
ground fallow is not really an option.
Into the border I hope to plant pyracantha, escallonia, laurel, holly etc.

TIA

Phil