Old 29-04-2003, 09:20 AM
torgo

Default even more new roses

Well, I'm finally getting a free weekend, so I'm heading up to Ashdown
on Saturday. I expect to return home with a Coquette des Blanches, a
Snowbird (maybe two), and a Red Planet. Plus whatever else catches my
eye that can fit in the car. (A friend is going with me, so I'll have
to leave enough car space for her selections as well.)

Oh, and I've bought a few more roses here and there over the last four
weeks...

Ambridge (x2)
Black Baccara
Blanc Double de Coubert
Brilliant Pink Iceberg
Candelabra
Don Juan (x2)
Falstaff (x2)
Graham Thomas (bought in honor of the late G.T.)
Habitat For Humanity (J&P box)
Intrigue (x2)
Liebeszauber
Magic Carousel (miniature)
Margaret Merrill
Oklahoma (x2)
Papa Meilland (yes, I do have a thing for the fragrant reds)
Passionate Kisses
Pat Austin (x2)
Purple Passion (x2)
Starry Night (x2)
Sweet Nothings (miniature)
Taboo (x2) (J&P box, two-for-one sale at local nursery)
Tigress (x2) (J&P box, two-for-one sale at local nursery)
Tumbling Waters (x2)
Veteran's Honor (x3 - one J&P box, one potted, one bare root)

I've made large temporary beds in the back yard while I try to figure
out how to get as many of these as possible in the front.

A diva or two ought to be getting worried. If she won't put out or
if she doesn't perform well, I'll kick that bush right out of the bed
and send her straight to the curb. ; P