Old 29-04-2003, 09:20 AM
torgo

Default even more new roses

Well, I'm finally getting a free weekend, so I'm heading up to Ashdown
on Saturday. I expect to return home with a Coquette des Blanches, a
Snowbird (maybe two), and a Red Planet. Plus whatever else catches my
eye that can fit in the car. (A friend is going with me, so I'll have
to leave enough car space for her selections as well.)

Oh, and I've bought a few more roses here and there over the last four
weeks...

Ambridge (x2)
Black Baccara
Blanc Double de Coubert
Brilliant Pink Iceberg
Candelabra
Don Juan (x2)
Falstaff (x2)
Graham Thomas (bought in honor of the late G.T.)
Habitat For Humanity (J&P box)
Intrigue (x2)
Liebeszauber
Magic Carousel (miniature)
Margaret Merrill
Oklahoma (x2)
Papa Meilland (yes, I do have a thing for the fragrant reds)
Passionate Kisses
Pat Austin (x2)
Purple Passion (x2)
Starry Night (x2)
Sweet Nothings (miniature)
Taboo (x2) (J&P box, two-for-one sale at local nursery)
Tigress (x2) (J&P box, two-for-one sale at local nursery)
Tumbling Waters (x2)
Veteran's Honor (x3 - one J&P box, one potted, one bare root)

I've made large temporary beds in the back yard while I try to figure
out how to get as many of these as possible in the front.

A diva or two ought to be getting worried. If she won't put out or
if she doesn't perform well, I'll kick that bush right out of the bed
and send her straight to the curb. ; P

Old 29-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Cass

In article , torgo
wrote:

Well, I'm finally getting a free weekend, so I'm heading up to Ashdown
on Saturday. I expect to return home with a Coquette des Blanches, a
Snowbird (maybe two),

Climbing? What a beautful rose that is here.

Oh, and I've bought a few more roses here and there over the last four
weeks...

Brilliant Pink Iceberg

The flowers nod on mine, unlike Iceberg. It also looks like a climber,
with growth laterals shooting up from every node on a stem. I'd like to
hear your report on that as well.

Tigress (x2) (J&P box, two-for-one sale at local nursery)

Oh, please report to us about Tigress. I love stripers, but was told by
a nurseryman that the color of Tigress is not a color found in nature.

Old 29-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Theo Asir

Hey Torgo where about's are you.
Just curious 'cos its already late
for planting in my Z5 garden so
its probably definitely late in warmer climates.

"torgo" wrote in message
Well, I'm finally getting a free weekend, so I'm heading up to Ashdown
on Saturday. I expect to return home with a Coquette des Blanches, a
Snowbird (maybe two), and a Red Planet.

Ooo! Want one.

Plus whatever else catches my
eye that can fit in the car. (A friend is going with me, so I'll have
to leave enough car space for her selections as well.)

Oh, and I've bought a few more roses here and there over the last four
weeks...

Ambridge (x2)

Cute! Cute!

Black Baccara
Blanc Double de Coubert

Slow grower early on.

Brilliant Pink Iceberg

Really good. Gets big here. 7' high.

Candelabra

Short for a grandiflora. 2' at best.
Black spots easy but floriferous. no scent.

Don Juan (x2)

Gets big.

Falstaff (x2)
Graham Thomas (bought in honor of the late G.T.)

Gets big here. Shatters quickly in heat. afternoon shade might help.

Habitat For Humanity (J&P box)
Intrigue (x2)
Liebeszauber

Weird name. No doubt another Kordes. Seems to do
very well own root. I believe weeks offers this own root.

Magic Carousel (miniature)
Margaret Merrill
Oklahoma (x2)
Papa Meilland (yes, I do have a thing for the fragrant reds)
Passionate Kisses
Pat Austin (x2)
Purple Passion (x2)
Starry Night (x2)
Sweet Nothings (miniature)
Taboo (x2) (J&P box, two-for-one sale at local nursery)
Tigress (x2) (J&P box, two-for-one sale at local nursery)
Tumbling Waters (x2)

Nice.

Veteran's Honor (x3 - one J&P box, one potted, one bare root)

My VH resented being potted. got maybe 2 blooms in pot.

I've made large temporary beds in the back yard while I try to figure
out how to get as many of these as possible in the front.

A diva or two ought to be getting worried. If she won't put out or
if she doesn't perform well, I'll kick that bush right out of the bed
and send her straight to the curb. ; P

Threats have always worked for me. For best effect
place potted/boxed replacement rose next to non performer. :-)

You have very good taste. Let me know how it goes.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City