Old 29-04-2003, 02:20 PM
James Ervin

Default new pictures of my tank

The pictures are big, but not that big (only 350K). The real slowness
is the remote server. I have a DS3, but the images are still slow to
load. Large images are great, but hard to view in a web browser.

I would put up a web page with thumb nail images to your images so
views could pick the ones they wanted. I have a perl script that will
create such pages automatically. You are welcome to it if you have
access to the server or can run perl on your system. It requires
several perl libraries and the imagemagik package. I run it under
linux.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:48:16 GMT, "Madpiano"
wrote:

The tank looks great, but your picture is bit too big. Even with a cable
modem it takes about 2 mins to download.

I wouldn't want to try with dial-up....

How big is the tank ?

James Ervin
Remove SPAM to email me.