Old 29-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Madpiano

Default new pictures of my tank

The tank looks great, but your picture is bit too big. Even with a cable
modem it takes about 2 mins to download.

I wouldn't want to try with dial-up....

How big is the tank ?

Old 29-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Bartek Lipczyński

Hi

The tank looks great,

Thanks

but your picture is bit too big. Even with a cable
modem it takes about 2 mins to download.

Sorry

How big is the tank ?

Size of the tank is: 845L ( 200 x 65 x 65 cm)
Light: 4 x 150W HQI,
Photoperiod: 11h.
--
Regards/Pozdrawiam
Bartek Lipczynski
Old 29-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Madpiano

Size of the tank is: 845L ( 200 x 65 x 65 cm)
Light: 4 x 150W HQI,
Photoperiod: 11h.

Wow....This makes my 90l tank look like a puddle again....I wish I had the
space :-((

Old 29-04-2003, 02:08 PM
350X_Rider

Probably the nicest tank I've seen in a long time....

"Bartek Lipczyński" wrote in message
Hi

Please give, me your opinion.
(one pic about 350 kB!)
http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/Front01.jpg
http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/Front02.jpg
http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/Front03.jpg

http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/mirror01.jpg
http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/mirror02.jpg

http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/ramirezi01.jpg
http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/ramirezi02.jpg

http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/saururus01.jpg

http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/tetras01.jpg
What do you think about plant positioning, any suggestions?
--
Regards
Bartek Lipczynski

Old 29-04-2003, 02:20 PM
James Ervin

The pictures are big, but not that big (only 350K). The real slowness
is the remote server. I have a DS3, but the images are still slow to
load. Large images are great, but hard to view in a web browser.

I would put up a web page with thumb nail images to your images so
views could pick the ones they wanted. I have a perl script that will
create such pages automatically. You are welcome to it if you have
access to the server or can run perl on your system. It requires
several perl libraries and the imagemagik package. I run it under
linux.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:48:16 GMT, "Madpiano"
wrote:

The tank looks great, but your picture is bit too big. Even with a cable
modem it takes about 2 mins to download.

I wouldn't want to try with dial-up....

How big is the tank ?

James Ervin
Remove SPAM to email me.
Old 29-04-2003, 02:45 PM
James Ervin

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:31:43 +0200, Bartek Lipczyński
wrote:

Hi

Please give, me your opinion.

Brovo. Very well done. I would love to see a diagram of your tank as
viewed from above with the layout of each plant. Nice job.

James Ervin
Remove SPAM to email me.
Old 29-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Bartek Lipczynski

Brovo. Very well done. I would love to see a diagram of your tank as
viewed from above with the layout of each plant. Nice job.

Thanks.
Diagram: http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/plan.jpg
1. Alternanthera reineckii roseafolia,
2. Ammannia gracilis,
3. Anubias barteri var. Nana,
4. Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Mi oya',
5. Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Tropica,
6. Cryptocoryne wendtii,
7. Cryptocoryne beckettii
8. Echinodorus tenellus,
9. Echinodorus latifolius,
10. Eusteralis stellata,
11. Glossostigma elatinoides,
12. Hydrocotyle leucocephala,
13. Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides (maritima),
14. Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis 53B',
15. Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig',
16. Hygrophila difformis,
17. Limnophila aquatica,
18. Ludwigia arcuata,
19. Ludwigia palustris 'Green'
20. Ludwigia repens
21. Micranthemum umbrosum,
22. Nymphaea lotus (red),
23. Nymphaea lotus (green),
24. Nymphoides aquatica,
25. Rotala macrandra,
26. Rotala rotundifolia,
27. Sagittaria subulata,
28. Saururus cernuus,
29. Vallisneria americana (gigantea),

Regards
Bartek
Old 29-04-2003, 05:44 PM
JEB

I concur, wonderful job, congrats.

James
Old 29-04-2003, 07:21 PM
James Ervin

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:25:38 +0200, "Bartek Lipczynski" Diagram:
http://www.infofarm.com.pl/~bartek/plan.jpg

Thanks.........perfect. Some of these I have to find.

James Ervin
Remove SPAM to email me.

Old 30-04-2003, 02:08 AM
WhiskerFish

Beautiful !
Old 30-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Greg G.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:31:43 +0200, Bartek Lipczyński
wrote:

Hi

Please give, me your opinion.
What do you think about plant positioning, any suggestions?

That is probably one of the nicest looking tanks I have ever seen.
I am a little green with envy... ;-)
Some of the plant species are unknown to me - but I'll watch for them.

Thanks for the time you expended photographing and documenting your
fine tank.

Old 30-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Bartek Lipczyński

Thanks for all nice words :-)