Old 29-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default 7b: Bud report 4/26

In Cass wrote:
Daniel, what is that gorgeous red on your first page? An Austin? Neat
picture.

That one is Austin's The Squire. It graces my front page because:

(a) It's Austin's best red bloom, despite the new releases;
(b) Austin rubbishes it and doesn't list it any more; and
(c) I'm bloody minded, and so are many Australian nurseries who still
carry it because they know it's the best!

My Squire has been in a pot all season and it is growing beautifully.
Until we had 4 weeks of solid rain last month it had no disease at all,
despite its poor reputation.

I'm a big fan.