Old 29-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Emrys Davies

Default What's eating my Choisya?

'Paul',

Choisya is prone to snails but it is probably too early for them.
However, a visit with a torch would eliminate that theory or find the
real culprit.

Frost damage may kill the young shoots. Local knowledge will decide that
issue.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Paul Clark" wrote in message
My choisya is doing ok after a couple of years in the ground, nice

flowers
this spring. However I think something is eating it. Just above the

point
on the main stems where leaves branch out something strips the bark

down
which causes the stem to die above it. It's noticable because the

head
turns yellow and then withers and dies. I cut out the dead part and a

few
days or a week later another part starts dieing back.

Does anyone know what causes this or how I can stop it?

thanks,
Paul