Old 29-04-2003, 09:44 PM
fmurl

Default What's eating my Choisya?

"Paul Clark" wrote:

My choisya is doing ok after a couple of years in the ground, nice flowers
this spring. However I think something is eating it. Just above the point
on the main stems where leaves branch out something strips the bark down
which causes the stem to die above it. It's noticable because the head
turns yellow and then withers and dies. I cut out the dead part and a few
days or a week later another part starts dieing back.

I have the same problem with mine this year, and I'm almost certain it's
frost damage for me. I have only two at the moment, the standard ternata
and a ternata 'Sundance'. Both are showing the same signs, but the Sundance
is looking pretty sorry at the moment.

We had two really hard frosts here a few weeks back, and I reckon that's
what done for them. Both still in flower, though.

--
Please reply to the group, respect follow-ups and don't email me. Thank you.