Old 24-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Donald R Smith

Default Reticulation systems

I believe I may have a problem with my system here. Now that the water
table is receding thew pump has difficulty in producing enough flow to make
the pop-ups pop.
A friend peered in to the depths of my bore liner and was able to tell me
that the inlet to the pump was far smaller than the delivery pipe to the
system. This he claimed would cause a vast reduction in the back pressure.
I would like to see the science of all this and hope that someone can point
me in the right direction.
I did not want to call in a contractor because that will cost me heaps of
dollars.
Is there a simple answer to all this?
Please, save the humour for someone else!

Don