Old 30-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Harlan Davis

Default some advice about Earthworms

Theakson:

I liked the way you phrased the question in the chi.wanted news group better.
Absolutely cracked me up.

Go to a bait shop and ask them where they get their redworms, or better yet,
tell 'em to cut you a deal on several dozen. It'll probably cost you $10-$20,
but so what; you're loaded. When you get 'em, spread them out on some loose
soil, cover them with a thin layer of damp leaves and let 'em find their own
way to their permanent home. Don't let 'em get sunburned.

Harlan

theakson wrote:

Now I have my raised beds I want to populate them with earthworms. It seems
that, for Chicago, we should use Eisena Fetida ( aka red worm / red
wiggler). I have read that a 1 sq ft area of soil can support 25 worms.

First is the above correct.

second where can I buy earthworms in Chicago.

Thanks

Mk