Old 30-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Brad Isaac

Default some advice about Earthworms

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:45:14 -0500, Harlan Davis
wrote:

Theakson:

I liked the way you phrased the question in the chi.wanted news group better.
Absolutely cracked me up.

Go to a bait shop and ask them where they get their redworms, or better yet,
tell 'em to cut you a deal on several dozen. It'll probably cost you $10-$20,
but so what; you're loaded. When you get 'em, spread them out on some loose
soil, cover them with a thin layer of damp leaves and let 'em find their own
way to their permanent home. Don't let 'em get sunburned.

Harlan

Harlan is right. if you go to the bait store and tell them you want
to try "worm recycling" many times they are so facinated they will
give you a great discount on the worms.

One bait store owner was so fascinated, she showed me her personal
'dung heap' LOL that was about the size of a trailor home. She said
"dig as many worms as you want. Just let me know if your project
works."

The project obviously did, I've been at it 2+ years. I'm up to about
5000 worms from the original pound I bought back then.

Brad
Developer, Achieve-IT! Goal Setting Software for Pocket PC
Editor, http://www.pocketpcaddict.com

Achieve-IT! download locations:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=2
http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/module...ticle&artid=14