Old 30-04-2003, 04:20 AM
paghat

Default Opinions Please: Forsythias & Burning Bushes

In article ,
(Nate Everden) wrote:

I just bought a house and I am starting to do its landscaping. This
is my first house and I am very new to this. Please excuse me if this
seems like a basic question.

In my backyard I have a hill. There is a house built on the hill and
I want to plant some shrubby that will give me some privacy (and
color). I am thinking about planting 7 forsythias and 3 burning
bushing (in front of the forsythias).

I am planning on planting the forsythias about 5-6 feet from my
property line and bout 5 feet apart. I am also thinking I will plant
the burning bushes about 6-7 feet in front of the forsythias.

What do you guys think? Do you think the bushes will look good
together and do you think I have them spaced correctly?

Thanks,

Nate

You might want to do a little research & find plants that are not so
dreadfully common. There's nothing really wrong with forsythia & burning
bush but you could do so much better, with a finer variety of shrubs &amp
perhaps one tree that'll serve you for years as "bones" of a garden you
can knit together with perennials & suchlike between the woody things.
Also, think in terms of what they will look like in winter.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/