Old 30-04-2003, 11:44 AM
JEB

Default light requirements for a 20X

"350X_Rider" wrote in message ...
The deeper the tank, less light penetrates the water to make it to the
bottom, so are you asking how much light or how to plant without CO2?

I was asking the second one, but can use answers to both.

How much light? just a guesstimate
40W minimum without CO2
60W with CO2

Deeper tanks lend themselves to rocks for backgrounds, maybe a shelf with
plants on top, maybe the top 1/3 of the tank could allow a 6-10" planting???
just a thought....
________________
| |
|___plants _______|
| X X |
| x |
| X X |
| |
|__X X X X _|

atleast that would be different... I dont' know what I'm thinking, just a
brain fart or something....

Actually, I've been scouring the countryside for the last week looking
for really thin shards of slate or shale to goo to the back of the
tank. I have an idea in my mind of creating a labyrinth look with a
thin rock wall. Onyx and black sand on the bottom, a frame that
covers the bottom of the tank so you can't see the substrate, you get
what I mean? Problem is, so far can't find the right rock. What
little I did find is too thick and heavy to go on the back glass.
Maybe if I could find a way to split it thin enough...

James