Old 30-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Linda

Default Seeking Rose name

This rose is apricot in the center, then pink and the outer petals are red.
The rose screams pink/red blend with that faint apricot in the middle. I
checked out the "Peace" rose and it isn't that one.

This was probably planted, at least!, 30 yrs ago, so maybe it isn't even
available anymore :-(

THanks Theo...Linda

"Theo Asir" wrote in message
The 'Peace' rose
is very popular amongst the HT gardens.

On of its many variations looks like that.
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=2203

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Linda" wrote in message
Hi

I saw a gorgeous rose at one of our city's mansions during the garden

tour
today. (Kimberly Crest in Redlands, CA) The grounds-keeper doesn't know

what
it is called, but we do know that it has been there a long time....30

yrs??
or longer.

I would say it is a grandiflora bush. The opened rose is apricot in the
center/bud, then the middle petals are light pink, and the outer petals

are
a dark pink/fushia. It had a nice scent too.

Any suggestions as to what it might be??

Thanks, Linda