Old 28-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Linda

Default Seeking Rose name

Hi

I saw a gorgeous rose at one of our city's mansions during the garden tour
today. (Kimberly Crest in Redlands, CA) The grounds-keeper doesn't know what
it is called, but we do know that it has been there a long time....30 yrs??
or longer.

I would say it is a grandiflora bush. The opened rose is apricot in the
center/bud, then the middle petals are light pink, and the outer petals are
a dark pink/fushia. It had a nice scent too.

Any suggestions as to what it might be??

Thanks, Linda

Old 29-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Linda

It is like a Mr.Lincoln....25-30ish petals...tight in the middle....I will
check out helpmefind.com
Thanks...I have 3 different rose books and can't see it in there...

"Shiva" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:54:51 -0700, "Linda" wrote:

I would say it is a grandiflora bush. The opened rose is apricot in the
center/bud, then the middle petals are light pink, and the outer petals

are
a dark pink/fushia. It had a nice scent too.

Any suggestions as to what it might be??

Linda, you might do better going to helpmefind.com and browsing the
lists--or go back and take a photo and post it here, that would help!
One question that might narrow the field--what is its form like?
Typical, high centered hybrid tea form, or floppy like Austins?

Thanks, Linda

Old 30-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Shiva

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:10:58 -0700, "Linda" wrote:

It is like a Mr.Lincoln....25-30ish petals...tight in the middle....I will
check out helpmefind.com
Thanks...I have 3 different rose books and can't see it in there...

Well it sounds gorgeous, anyway! Hope you'll post a photo eventually.
Old 30-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Linda

This rose is apricot in the center, then pink and the outer petals are red.
The rose screams pink/red blend with that faint apricot in the middle. I
checked out the "Peace" rose and it isn't that one.

This was probably planted, at least!, 30 yrs ago, so maybe it isn't even
available anymore :-(

THanks Theo...Linda

"Theo Asir" wrote in message
The 'Peace' rose
is very popular amongst the HT gardens.

On of its many variations looks like that.
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=2203

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 30-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Linda wrote:
This rose is apricot in the center, then pink and the outer petals are
red. The rose screams pink/red blend with that faint apricot in the
middle. I checked out the "Peace" rose and it isn't that one.

Here, try these:

President Herbert Hoover
https://www.rosebarni.it/shop.php?az...e&codice=71222

Chicago Peace