Old 30-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default foxgloves

The message
from "Jessi" contains these words:

Hello everyone. I happen to be one of those people who lurk around this
group and soak in the good advise but never post. Probably because I'm from
northwest Washington and not the UK, but I know there is much to learn here.

I posted a question on rec.gardens that no one has been able to answer so
far. Do foxgloves transplant well?

Small ones transplant very easily, in the UK. I used to pull them out
of the gravel drive by the dozen and replant them in the wood, when the
leaves are about 3 " long.

Larger clumps can transplant if you water well, but they only make very
short flower spikes..okay if you just want to get more seed.

Another way to get a colony of plants, is to collect ripe seed from
your plants and scatter it right away wherever you want foxgloves.

Janet.