Old 30-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Me & my mulch.........

Baine,

I've noticed mushrooms in the mulch occasionally, mostly in the rose bed on
the clay soil that was brought in when the addition to my house was built
(as opposed to the sandy soil that I have everywhere else).

Anne Lurie

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message
Laurie

Do you ever have a problem using hardwood with fungi? Seems like this

group
had a thread in the past on such.

--
Baine

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
Well, I finally broke down & ordered up some mulch......I'd been

resisting
the purchase out of sheer laziness, I guess -- after all, there's

nothing
more reproachful than a pile of mulch waiting for some attention (unless
it's the plants that benefit from getting some of the above-mentioned
mulch).

In any event, if anyone in the NE Raleigh area is interested, here's the
info on the stuff I got from Bradsher's (the "giant" on 401):

6 cu. yds. triple shredded* hardwood mulch, delivered:
$140

*they used to carry both, double-shredded & triple-shredded, but it was
apparently not cost-effective to sort out the two mulches.

R. L. Bradsher: 872-5174

Note: I have no interest whatsoever in the Bradsher business, although

confess that I did think of asking the nice woman driving the dump truck

if
she might have any tips for me, as I find it nearly impossible to back

up
our little Chevy S-10 in a straight line!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh